Saturday 7 September 2013

So Grateful

If I could sum up all the important things in my life I can put it into two words, "be grateful." No matter what you have, or what you don't have, you have to be grateful for what you do have. Awake each morning by feeling grateful. From the moment you open your eyes, start off by feeling grateful that you even awoke. Life is short and we are not guaranteed another day. Then I go on to feeling grateful that you awoke in your bed. It does not matter how comfortable, or uncomfortable your bed is. I am grateful for the roof over my head, no matter if it is well reinforced or leaves and bits of trees holding it together. So many things we take for granted because they are at our fingertips.
So I continue to be grateful for the water that I use daily, and the methods it takes to get the water to me. Realizing that it takes a multitude of people to get you some bare necessities is essential, so I am grateful for the food that I eat and the labor of others to get me my food. I am also grateful for the clothes that I wear, and the people all over the world that made them.
I have found an amazing beauty that each season holds, and I am grateful to experience them. I am grateful for each and every animal that roams our great nations, they have sustained, while we are still learning.
I am grateful for you; the person that I run into at the grocery store, the cashier at the gas station, the nurses and the doctors. For all the lessons that I have learned, and to the teachers, I am forever grateful. For your loving, kind ways I am grateful and I will carry those qualities on to others.
I appreciate my mind, body, and spirit. Learning to overcome my fears and experiencing new things have taught me how to be grateful. Although I know that my body does not define who I am, I have respect for it and exercise and eat healthy. For old and new friends that have entered my life and have departed, I am deeply grateful.
I am grateful for the sun, the moon, and the stars, and for all dreams that are possible. I have been blessed with great family and friends, leaving me forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment