Friday 15 March 2013

Words Create Our Health


What words are shaping your experiences?
I was sitting at my desk around mid-day; my eyes feeling tired. I decided to walk away from the computer and get a drink of water. As I was standing at cooler filling up my jug, I overheard a shocking statement. A woman in another cubicle blurted out: "I'd estimate I have about 15 years left on this earth and that's about it... " I hope my face didn't show my surprise as I finished filling up my water bottle and walked away.
And yes, I had to glance up and see who was doing the talking... just by looking at the woman's outer physique- she did not look that old! Yet, those were her words that came out of her mouth. And she sounded serious. Very, very serious. "I have about fifteen years left and that's about it... "
Our words are powerful things. Our words create our experiences and shape our reality. Have you heard of the saying "Behind every joke there is an underlying truth... "? What comes out of our mouths is our truth. Then our truth becomes our experience.
Behind our words are our thoughts. What we think has the potential to empower or break us down. Think we can do it- we can! Think we cannot- guess what? We are less likely to. While our thoughts are one thing... there is even a stronger space to all of this... our words.
Wishing things, wanting things, thinking about things... they are all possible efforts to make things come true. But actually speaking the words, saying them aloud. Now that is powerful stuff.
I recently went through a six week course called "How to Manifest Anything" with a spiritual teacher. In it we went through the seven steps of manifestation. I recall that a lot of the exercises the teacher had us do were to actually say the words out loud. State our affirmations, speak them. Not just in our minds, but aloud in our voices. Other techniques included having conversations between parts of our "selves" out loud... actually letting each part have a voice to break down blocks.
There is power in our words. So how are you choosing yours? Do you call health and well-being to your life? Or do you say things like "I'm too fat... I'm stupid... I'm ugly... I can't do it... " When it comes to making, setting, and reaching health goals you have to believe you can do so. And you have to state those words aloud: "I can do this... I am beautiful... I am healthy... I reach my goals."
Instead of wishing life away with stating how much time you have left on this planet; how about enjoying every moment and living as if you are a child again? Strive to do this each day you are blessed with on this earth! Enjoy yourself and speak of the health you desire. Bring the lifestyle of wellness, peace, and joy into your everyday experience- just by carefully choosing the words you speak.
How about you? What do you feel about words? Do you notice when you say things aloud- do they come true? When and how might you watch what you speak? What must you shift to speak to yourself in a more loving and nurturing way?

Elizabeth "Coach" Scala, MSN/MBA, RN is passionate about helping healthcare professionals, nurses in particular, to embody holistic living and embrace self-care. Through her business, Living Sublime Wellness, she writes regularly on the topic of self-care, conducts wellness workshops, and offers both in-person and online seminars for busy nurses. Elizabeth is a Certified Health and Wellness Coach and holds Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and Master's degrees in both Business and Nursing. Originally from Carmel, NY, she now lives in Baltimore, MD with her husband and two dogs. Visit http://www.livingsublimewellness.com for more information.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Words-Create-Our-Health&id=7540941


No comments:

Post a Comment